At Match Skin Salon we can take care of all your beauty preparations before your big day. We specialise in...
Whatever your age or gender, it’s more than likely you’ve had to deal with acne at some point, whether as a recurring condition or infrequent breakouts. Acne can be a source of inconvenience and in some cases affect your self-esteem, especially since it’s more common during puberty. Acne can be a problem that also persists throughout a person’s lifetime.
There are different types of acne we all suffer from time to time the most common are white heads, black heads and acne. Acne is usually caused by oil and skin cells clog the pores. Stress, hormones can overstimulate oil glands.
What causes Acne?
Acne can appear anywhere on your body, but wherever it occurs and however severe it may be, acne is caused by a disorder of your sebaceous glands. Your sebaceous glands carry out a process that is important to the health of your skin which involves the production of a substance called sebum which keeps your skin moisturised. As a natural part of our development most people find that during their adolescence their sebaceous glands can become enlarged and their sebaceous glands will produce more sebum. This occurs due to the body producing a variety of hormones which are sometimes referred to as androgens, however generally after around the age of 20 this excessive production of sebum begins to decrease.
What treatments are available?
Germaine de Cappucini Pureexperts is an excellent treatment balance the skin’s pH and reduce oil secretion. A good treatment which can be performed on oily, acne prone and teenage skin. This facial can be combined with microdermabrasion (deep exfoliation).
Purexpert helps to provide the skin with a clean, healthy and matt appearance.
How many treatments will I need?
Depending upon the severity of the skin problem, in sever cases we recommend 1 treatment for 5 weeks and maintenance every 3/4 weeks. On average cases we recommend this treatment should be taken once every two weeks until the skin is balanced.
How long do I wait in between treatments?
We recommend waiting a week or two in-between treatments depending on the severity of the skin’s condition.
What to expect during the treatment?
This luxurious one hour treatment consist of the following ritual
- Stone Pinda Protocol – warm pinders are pressed around the body and tucked into the feet
- Kobido Cleanse Ritual – cleansing the skin using various massage techniques to generate blood flow and open up then lymphatic glands.
- Renewal and Deeping Evolution – gentle enzyme that is kept on the skin for 10 minutes, the peel helps to anaesthetise the skin allowing for a painless extraction if required.
- Exfoliation – to remove all dead skin on the epidermis, this can be performed either using a gentle yet effective exfoliating product or using micro-dermabrasion.
- The skin is cleansed using toner.
- LED Blue light is beamed all over the face, LED that calms the skin and has healing anti- bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- The Pure and Control Mask is applied over the face and neck and left on for 15 minutes, the mask purifies the skin in depth and helps heal blemishes. Balances excessive oil secretion and soothes the skin.
- Whilst the mask is doing it’s magic, the therapist will perform a relaxing hand or scalp massage.
- The mask is removed using hot towels and toner.
- The facial is finished off using Anti-Imperfection Specific Concentrate, which is anti-bacterial and renews the skin if your skin has acne, then BB Cream is applied, for healing and strengthening.
Is there any after care regime or products available?